Having spoken with more people in the disability space, I have come to see with my own eyes how dilapidating a simple meltdown can be when individuals are unable to deal with the actual meltdown and it’s repercussions.
So I’m sitting here at a cafe and within my little world that gets so easily distracted, I’ve been thinking of how to put a survival guide together for parents of kids with ADHD and/or Autism spectrum together that is perhaps not just dictated by science but also based on their own experiences and importantly, what else they would like to know.
I don’t know everything and to claim that would be folly. But I can share my experiences as a child, teenager and adult dealing with being “different” till I was officially diagnosed at the age of 35.
My brain wonders and my mind tinkers on. My goal to include and to develop this survival guide has never been clearer.
Leave a comment if you :
- Have ADHD, Tourettes and Autism and have an experience to share
- Wish to find out more on how to cope with certain conditions that I have personally had to deal with
- Wish to contribute survival suggestions that I can include in my journal
- A child or loved one who has ADHD, Tourettes and Autism and you wish to share your experience and difficulties
- Think there is anything else I can include in the survival guide
Hope to hear from you soon and till then…..